For the filling:
1 white onion (chopped)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
150g mushrooms (chopped)
250ml vegetable stock
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 tablespoon vegan worcester sauce
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 piece of bread (processed into breadcrumbs – approx. 7 tablespoons)
1 can green lentils (drained)
50g walnuts (chopped)
Salt and pepper
For the cranberry sauce:
150g frozen cranberries
1 pack puff pastry
1 tablespoon soy milk
1. Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil for a couple of minutes, then add the mustard and cook for another few minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes.
2. Add in the remaining ingredients except the breadcrumbs. Simmer for 15 minutes, until the mixture has reduced and then stir in the breadcrumbs.
3. While the filling is cooking, make the cranberry sauce. Place the cranberries and sugar in a small saucepan and add two tablespoons of water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for around 10 minutes, until the mixture has thickened. Leave aside for a few minutes to cool slightly.
4. Roll out the puff pastry. Spread over a thin layer of cranberry sauce, and then place the filling at one edge of the pastry. Roll up the pastry and press down the edge so it stays in place. You may want to use some soy milk to help the pastry stick to itself.
5. Press down the edges of the wellington with a fork. Brush the top with soy milk and place in the oven on 200 degrees celcius for half an hour.
6. Slice and serve with any leftover cranberry sauce.