1 cup risotto rice
Juice and zest of 2 oranges
1 white onion (chopped)
4 large beetroot (or 6 small-medium) (cooked and chopped)
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups vegetable stock
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
2 tablespoons vegan butter
Salt and pepper
Makes: 4 servings
1. Place half the beetroot and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a blender and blitz until smooth.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the onion in a tablespoon of olive oil until softened. Add the rice, orange juice and zest and cook for a further two minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add the vegetable stock half a cup at a time. Stir the rice constantly and add more stock once the rice has soaked up the liquid.
4. After around 15 minutes, add the chopped beetroot, beetroot puree and rosemary to the pan. Continue stirring constantly and adding vegetable stock until the rice is cooked through.
5. Once the rice is cooked, stir in the vegan butter. Season to taste.
6. Serve drizzled with olive oil and topped with any leftover zest and rosemary.