1 cup dried soya protein mince
1 tablespoon yeast extract (Marmite)
1 can chickpeas
1/2 white onion (finely chopped)
3 tablespoons aquafaba*
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
3 tablespoons tomato puree
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
*Aquafaba is the liquid from a can of chickpeas.
Makes: 4 burgers
1. Mix the Marmite with 300ml of water and pour over the soy mince. Leave to soak for 10 mins.
2. Using a sieve and fork, squeeze out any extra moisture from the mince.
3. Mash the chickpeas and add these, and all other ingredients, to a bowl with the soy mince. Mix to combine.
4. Place in the fridge for at least half an hour.
5. Shape the burgers (to get a consistent shape and size, shape inside a cookie cutter).
6. Fry in a little oil for 5-7 minutes each side.
7. Serve in a bun with vegan cheese slices and salad of your choice.