1 tablespoon dairy free butter
1 white onion (finely chopped)
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 red chilli (finely chopped)
2 tablespoons flour
500ml vegetable stock
300ml soy milk (or sub another non dairy milk)
4 spring onions (finely chopped)
1 cup nutritional yeast
1. Add the crushed garlic, chopped onion and butter to a large saucepan. Fry for three minutes. Add the chopped chilli and cook for a further two minutes.
2. Add the flour and mix to coat. Pour in the vegetable stock and soy milk and then add approximately 500g of the sweetcorn. Simmer until thick (this should take around 10 minutes).
3. Using a hand blender, blend until almost smooth.
4. Add the rest of the sweetcorn and the spring onions. Cook for five minutes.
5. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the nutritional yeast.